Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wee Coverlet in Action

Grandbaby enjoys her Wee Coverlet


This is our newest grandchild snoozing beneath her Wee Swedish Coverlet. Mama says little one spends time examining her blanket, looking at pattern and color changes, and doesn't cry right away on waking. This makes her GrandMama very happy.


Next you see another photo of the six Wee Coverlets from my bright green warp. It was very special to me that one of my weaving friends wanted the yellow one for her new grandson, Jasper. I wish him many pleasant slumbers over a long happy childhood.


The third color way of this warp is in progress. I'm not sure if I will like this version, the colors are a bit dark. But who says baby colors must be pastel? I don't understand because babies are good at making stains. Why shouldn't their clothing and bedding be colorful to begin with? That way keeping baby things looking nice and clean is easier for parents. Colorful wraps set off a baby's natural beauty. Bright colors are happy colors.


Another view of bright green Wee Swedish Coverlets
I intend to offer one or two Wee Coverlets at the Seattle Weavers' Guild annual sale October 27-29, 2016 at St. Marks' Cathedral. If you are interested and in the area, please stop by. Our guild is a group of many talented weavers whose incredible work will be on display. Even if you do not wish to buy, you will not be disappointed with the show of beautiful handwovens. And, as a bonus, weavers are very nice people. Stop by and say hello.


Warp on/Weave off,
RepWeaver

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and your sense of color is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I am LOVING your blog. Just discovered it via weavolution. Would you ever consider making a post on how you finish and hem your projects so nicely? I have been weaving for about a year and a half but still struggle with getting my pieces to look as clean as yours. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the kind comments from each of you. That's a great question, Anna. I was just planning to write a little bit more about my hems. Stay tuned.

    RepWeaver

    ReplyDelete