Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Joan's Rugs

Whirlpool is still sitting on the claim for carpeting water damaged when brand new washing machine overflowed. We do not give up easily. The battle continues. Never again will we purchase anything made by Whirlpool. They do not stand behind their products.

In the meantime we have enjoyed a trip way across the country to see our little granddaughter and family, entertained two sets of house guests and weathered a kidney stone attack suffered by my husband.

All the while I have been working on a rep rug warp for some rugs requested by a dear friend of mine. She and her husband just finished a fantastic total house remodel including miles of new cabinets and granite countertops and new hardwood flooring throughout. It is very posh. Back in March she asked if I would weave some rugs for her. Of course I said yes. Then things began to happen and life kind of took over. The warp is finally off my loom. I took the rugs to show my SWG Study Group friends. They made positive comments which made me happy. I delivered the rugs to my friend and she is happy. She would like another one in a different pattern for in front of a French door in another room of the house. That one is next up and I hope it does not take so long to complete.

These are Joan's rugs. They will be in an entry foyer, one before a door from outside, the other in front of the man door from the garage. The photo is a good illustration of the way rep rugs appear warp-wise verses weft-wise. The effect is nearly holographic.

Weave Off,
RepWeaver

No comments:

Post a Comment