Friday, March 16, 2012

Pinwheels and Pouches

This morning brings pounding rain - a perfect reason to stay in and weave.

Today will see continued work weaving an 8H pinwheel twill scarf. If I weave fast enough and long enough maybe I will begin weaving the second scarf with a different treadling. This draft has intrigued me for some time. Once I began the project the latest edition of Handwoven Magazine arrived in my mailbox. Included in this, the Jan./Feb. 2012 issue, on page 48, are project details for a scarf using the same draft as mine and very similar overall.

Finishing work is nearly done on my "Little Wallet" pouches with beaded tatting trim. I've had a whale of a time sewing these and am most pleased with the results. Once I take a few snapshots and learn how to post them here, I'll show you what I mean.

Weave off,
RepWeaver

No comments:

Post a Comment