Saturday, September 29, 2012

Third Rug for Joan

Life has been happening all around me, mostly without my control. Weaving, tatting, etc. have lately taken a back seat to caring for ailing family members.

In between everything, I finally managed to weave the third rug requested by my friend Joan. Taking on a project by request can be intimidating. There is an understandable disconnect between the vision of a non-weaver and that of the weaver. Another issue is color choices and personal taste. Joan's palette is decidedly different from my own and weaving her colors was challenging. Isn't it true that the more pleasing the result, the easier it is to do the work? It is, at least for me. All in all, this rug was a long time in coming. In the end, Joan loves her new rug and it looks fabulous in her home. I am happy.




 Joan, by the way, has an awesome color sense and picks the most fabulous print fabric for the rag filler. Those bright spots really pop.

My little Inkle loom finally arrived. I have the new Inkle book by Anne Dixon. Four bands are woven and the fifth one is on the loom. This is loads of fun. I have a goal in mind, something under development. Details to follow.

Now that my loom is empty and I am free to weave as I please, I think I'll warp up some towels for my guild sale.

Joan's third rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment