Saturday, October 21, 2017

Where Were We?






Summer this year was warm and dry. My husband and I have been busy outdoors with several yard projects so weaving has taken a back seat.



Next weekend is the Seattle Weavers’ Guild annual sale. I have been busy playing catch up. Maybe it wouldn't be such a rush if one of my table runners had not appeared on the publicity poster. In a bit of a panic I have been banging away at the loom to produce some more of that particular runner. Here is the poster. And here are the new runners. There are a total of six of the blue/purple ones and five of the green/turquoise ones.



Rep Weave table runners
8/4 carpet warp sett at 40 e.p.i.






As crazy as it may seem, these are woven using 8/4 cotton carpet warp sleyed four to a dent in a 10-dent reed for a sett of 40 e.p.i. Each warp end was threaded in it’s own heddle. I know I ask a lot of my GlimĂ„kra Standard loom, but the result makes me very happy.


In the odd moment, I’ve sampled a bit of 8-shaft waffle weave. So far the results have been a disappointment. But I am not discouraged, only need more time to play with it. Before then, there is the sale. I need to get busy and put together my inventory.


My little Rep Runner inventory with SWG Sale Poster



If you happen to be in the area next weekend please stop by for a dazzeling display of handwovens and purchase something truly unique and wonderful.


Warp On/Weave Off,
RepWeaver


Blue detail
Green detail
Top sides
Reverse sides

2 comments:

  1. Carpet weaving is not an easy task to do. This needs effort and skill to weave a nice carpet. I like the content of your blog post. Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melbourne! I appreciate your encouraging comments.
      RepWeaver

      Delete